Have you been experiencing hair fall? Be it moderate or substantial in quantity, it is something that can leave us worried. To deal with hair fall, we usually turn to over-the-counter treatments, but what if we told you that a DIY hair mask created with natural ingredients, might do the trick?
So, if you want to protect your hair from hair fall while also adding volume, try applying an onion and aloe vera hair mask!
Step by step guide to make onion and aloe vera DIY hair mask
- One small-sized size aloe vera leaf
- Half a piece of medium-sized onion
- One tablespoon honey
Here’s how to make this mask:
- Using the muslin cloth, drain the liquid from half of a medium-sized onion. Put it aside.
- Place the aloe vera gel in a blender after scooping it out of an aloe vera leaf.
- Add the onion juice to this. In a mixer, combine the two ingredients.
- Once done, transfer the mixture (if you are using fresh aloe vera gel, it will be watery if you don’t mix it thoroughly).
- Add honey, mix it well, and put this mixture in the fridge.
Your hair mask is ready!
Here’s how to apply this hair mask to prevent hair fall:
Step 1: Start by applying this mixture to the scalp properly.
Step 2: Once the whole scalp area is covered with it apply it along the length of your hair.
Step 3: Leave it on for half an hour. You can also choose to steam your hair for enhanced absorption. However, it is optional.
Step 4: Wash your hair using lukewarm water. And you can use mild shampoo to wash the hair mask to get rid of the onion smell.
Dr Nivedita Dadu, renowned dermatologist, founder and chairman of Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic, spoke to Health Shots about the benefits of this aloe vera and onion hair mask.
The benefits of using onion and aloe vera for hair
1. Nourishes your hair: Aloe vera contains moisturizing properties and nourishing vitamins that are very good for the hair and skin. Along with it, onions are also very good at hair follicle nourishment and they help restore lost nutrients.
2. Dandruff relief: Aloe vera contains a proteolytic enzyme which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves the hair soft and lustrous. Therefore, it helps with dandruff relief.
3. Promote hair growth: Aloe vera hair mask is very beneficial for healthy hair because it promotes hair growth, prevents hair loss, prevents itching on the scalp, and reduces dandruff by boosting the blood circulation in the head.
4. Prevent hair breakage: Aloe vera and onion hair mask rejuvenates the hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and prevents hair breakage.
5. Control hair fall: Onions are rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties, so they also keep hair fall at bay. In fact, both the ingredients are rich in sulfur, and can help to minimize breakage and hair thinning.
6. Revive dry and brittle hair: They have high water content which makes it an excellent humectant for the scalp and hair. It provides essential nutrients to hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth and preventing the scalp and hair tissues from drying out.
7. Acts as natural conditioner: This mask works as a deep natural conditioner, softening dry and frizzy hair. It seals open hair cuticles and helps the retention of natural oils in the scalp, giving the hair a softer feel.
So ladies, give this homemade hair mask a try and enjoy the good hair health!