Collagen is a protein that helps boost skin elasticity and promote skin health. Here’s a DIY collagen cream for skin that you must add to your routine!
You must heard of collagen supplements, even if you are not a beauty enthusiast. Collagen has become extremely popular in the past few years, thanks to social media but do you know what it does for your skin? It is a type of protein, a main building block for your hair, skin, ligaments, bones, and tendons. Taking its supplements helps keep all of this in check. One way to add more collagen to your daily routine is to foods rich in it and the other way is to add a collagen cream to your skincare routine. And my mom has the perfect recipe for making a collagen cream at home.
What are the benefits of collagen for skin?
Collagen is a protein that the body produces naturally but as you age, it could deplete and you might have to take the help of external things to boost collagen production. Less collagen means your skin is at risk of dry skin and formation of wrinkles, as reported by a study published in the Gerontology.
Collagen supplements help improve “skin hydration, elasticity, roughness, and density,” according to a study published in the journal Nutrients. Not only do collagen supplements help you produce collagen on their own, but promote the production to structure your skin, including elastin and fibrillin.
How to prepare your DIY collagen cream?
Take the following to include a homemade collagen cream at home:
Healthshots Inner Circle An exclusive wellness community for women
- 2 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon coconut and almond oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons collagen powder
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.
1. Heat almond and coconut oil in a pan until it melts and let it cool down.
2. Mix some aloe vera, vitamin E oil, and honey in a mixing bowl. Now, add it to the oil until it reaches a thick consistency.
3. Now, add collagen powder to it and mix it well. Don’t go overboard with the quantity.
4. Mix it well until the consistency becomes creamy.
5. Store it in an air-tight glass jar and refrigerate.
6. Clean your skin, dry your skin, and massage the skin gently with it.
How does this collagen cream work for your skin?
This collagen cream contains ingredients that can be a great addition to your skincare routine.
1. Aloe vera: A natural moisturiser, aloe vera helps soothe dry skin. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the risk of acne.
2. Coconut oil: It contains moisturising properties that help people with dry and cracked skin. Coconut oil also helps improve the skin texture of the skin that keeps it smooth and glowing.
3. Vitamin E: It penetrates the skin and nourishes the inner skin cells and promotes collagen production. The antibacterial and moisturising properties of vitamin E also reduce the risk of skin infections.
4. Collagen powder: The main ingredients in your skincare routine is a protein that boosts overall skin health and reduce the signs of ageing.
While this DIY collagen cream worked for me, it might not work for you. So make sure to do a patch test before adding it to your skincare routine. Also, don’t forget to consult your dermatologist.