Worsening air quality due to pollution levels can make something as basic as breathing a struggle for those with asthma. Breathing problems can affect a person’s quality of life in a huge way. But did you know that having asthma could also affect your $ex life?
While adopting certain simple and everyday habits can ease your $exual life even with asthma, it turns out that asthma symptoms can get triggered during $ex.
A Britain-based charity Asthma UK, had in 2017, reported a survey highlighting asthma patients’ need to use an inhaler during or after $ex. Some people even reduced the frequency and amount of $ex they had. For some, an orgasm triggered an asthma attack. Certain respondents even claimed finding it difficult to breathe during oral $ex.
What causes asthma symptoms during $ex?
$ex is no less than a high intensity workout, which can increase breathing rate and your heartbeat can increase. If you may be already dealing with breathing problems, it can exacerbate asthma symptoms such as shortness of breath, cough, feeling nervous and chest pain.
In case you tend to experience this in the middle of $exual intercourse, you must pay attention to it rather than ignoring it.
Likely causes of asthma issues during $ex
1. You may be more excited than usual
2. If you’re using an aroma candle or perfumed essential oil, it may trigger symptoms of asthma.
3. In case you are allergic to latex, even latex condoms can lead to asthma symptoms.
4. Certain $ex positions can make it tougher to breathe.
5. Asthma or breathing problems can be triggered by dust, dirt, cigarette smoke, within a room.
How to manage asthma symptoms during $ex
If you feel that asthma is affecting your $ex life, it is best to use an inhaler or other methods to calm down the aggravated breathing.
1. You must convey your discomfort to your partner, and stop.
2. Give your body the rest it needs, instead of taking a short pause and jumping into action!
3. Avoid the $ex positions which may be making your asthma symptoms flare up.
$ex tips for asthma patients
1. Engage in $exual intercourse only when your breathing is smooth and comfortable.
2. You must ensure taking medicines on time.
3. Give at least a 2-hour break after consuming a heavy meal, before indulging in $ex. If your tummy is full, breathing becomes much faster.
4. Avoid $ex after smoking and drinking alcohol.
5. Prioritize your comfort level.