If you want a salon-like experience at home, try the best hot oil treatments for hair to protect and nourish dry and brittle hair.
Dry and brittle hair can be difficult to manage, especially in the winter season. Colder temperature not only impacts the skin, but also makes your hair dry, which may lead to more hair fall than usual. Taking hot oil treatments can be one way to breathe life into your strands. It works by sealing the hair cuticles and helps strengthen your locks. A variety of plant oils like olive, almond and coconut oils are used in hot oil treatments, which contribute to increased hair strength, reduced dandruff, frizz, split ends and enhanced blood flow in the scalp. So, take a look at the best hot oil treatments for hair and nourish your strands.
Best hot oil treatments for hair
If you are struggling with dry, frizzy and brittle hair, the best hot oil treatments in India might be beneficial for you as it protects your locks from damages. So, level up your hair care routine and get salon-like experience at home.
1. Lanza Keratin Healing Oil Treatment
If you are struggling with dry hair, this healing oil treatment from Lanza might be the perfect solution for your problem. The brand claims that the product is manufactured with selected ingredients from sustainable rainforests and jungles around the world. It is suitable for all hair types and promises to heal damaged hair. This cruelty-free product also replenishes keratin to restore the inner layers of your hair and reduce the drying time.
2. Okay Hot Oil for Treatments
The Okay Hot Oil for Treatments is packed with the goodness of coconut. Suitable for oily hair, this hair treatment for healthy hair promises to hydrate, condition, nourish, straighten and moisturise your locks. Being rich in vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals, this hair treatment heals damaged hair. It also makes your hair manageable by reducing the frizz, promotes hair growth and makes your strands soft.
3. Alberto Vo5 Hot Oil Therapy Treatment
The Alberto Vo5 comes with a hair oil that is dedicated to make your strands soft and silky. It is infused with the benefits of 5 vitamins and 5 proteins that improves hair health. Its moisturising properties help restore the shine of your locks. This hot oil treatment for curly hair provides deep conditioning and revitalises your locks. Adding to that, this product is free from paraben, alcohol, silicons and mineral oils, which makes it a safe choice.
4. CHI Luxury Black Seed Intense Repair Hot Oil Treatment
The CHI Luxury Black Seed Intense Repair Hot Oil Treatment promises to reduce breakage. This highly concentrated hair treatment intensely repairs your damaged locks and provides deep nourishment. It is packed with antioxidants that protects your hair against external stressors and revitalises your locks.
5. Earth’s Enrichments Hot Oil Treatment
The Earth’s Enrichments’ hot oil treatment is perfect for all hair types. It is especially formulated with properties that support shiny, soft, strong and healthy hair. This gluten-free oil treatment claims to tame hair shedding and breakage by moisturising and conditioning your locks. Adding to that, you can safely use this hair care product because it claims to be USDA organic, Non-GMO and cruelty free.
How to do a hot oil treatment at home?
- Wash your hair with your favourite shampoo as hot oil works best on clean hair.
- Now, take an adequate amount of oil in a bowl and place it in a microwave for 10 seconds.
- Take a patch test to make sure that it’s not too hot.
- Now, brush your locks and apply the oil evenly throughout your hair.
- Gently massage your scalp with the oil and cover your head with a shower cap for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse your hair.
Benefits of hot oil treatments for hair
A deeper understanding of the benefits of hot oil treatments for healthy hair will help you avail its maximum advantages:
- Hot oil treatments provide deep conditioning. It helps open up the hair cuticles and allow the oil to penetrate the shaft and moisturise your locks from within.
- It offers a spa-like experience at home for your scalp. Regular application of hot oil treatments stimulated blood circulation, which contributes to a healthier scalp.
- They are made using nourishing plant-based oils that are rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids, which reduce breakage, split ends and strengthen your locks.
- It acts as a protective shield for your strands and prevents damage from external factors.
- Regular use of hot oil treatments improves blood circulation, which promotes hair growth.
How to choose the right hot oil treatments for hair
- Identify your hair type and select the appropriate hot oil treatment.
- If you have dry scalp, choose oils like olive or argan. On the other hand, if you have an irritated scalp, pick the one that contains anti-fungal and soothing properties.
- Pay attention to your hair’s needs and choose the one that effectively addresses the concern.
- Opt the lighter oils as it provides essential nourishment without weighing the locks down.
- Choose the cold-pressed and organic oils for better results.
- Be careful of any allergens that the product may contain. Perform a patch test before applying on your hair.
- Consider the one that offers the ease of application and removal.
- If you prefer fragrances, choose the one that offers pleasant fragrance and enrich your overall experience.
- Consider the brands’ reputation and price of the product.
- Read online reviews and recommendations to get valuable information about the product.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)