These days, if you’re gaining weight, you may find it mostly on your belly. Isn’t it? Although every person’s body responds to weight gain differently, the belly is an area that is prone to retain fat, leading to belly fat. It’s harmful since it serves as an open invitation to numerous fatal and life-altering illnesses. Therefore, if you want to accelerate your weight reduction process and lose all the extra kilos you’ve accumulated, here are some of the best exercises for flat belly.
Health Shots spoke to fitness professional Vikash Sharma about these exercises, which can help you reduce belly fat and can speed up your weight loss journey. These exercises can be practiced at home and can show results if done regularly in the right manner.
Here are 10 exercises for flat belly and weight loss:
1. Spot run
- In a comfortable position, begin running.
- As quickly as you can, try to extend your legs as high as you can.
- Run for 1 to 2 minutes while you are on the spot.
- And if you’re beginner, try jogging for 20 to 30 seconds as quickly as you can.
- Take a minute break here, consume some water, and get ready for the next round.
- This cardio circuit needs to be done at least four times.
2. High knee
- Simply maintain a straight posture and, alternatively, bring your knees to your chest.
- Continue hopping back and forth between your legs, and that’s all.
- To burn more calories, perform at least four sets of 50 high knees on each leg.
- Speed is crucial. Do it as fast as you can.
- Start in plank position.
- Move your weight slowly to your right forearm (or palm).
- Straighten out your left arm in front of you.
- Hold for three seconds while maintaining a firm core.
- Return your arm to its starting position slowly.
- Change arms, then repeat.
- Make two to three sets of 10 repetitions.
4. Side planks
- Lay on your side with both legs spread out in a long line, your lower elbow directly under your shoulder, and your forearm flat on the floor.
- Feet can be piled for greater difficulty or spaced apart for greater stability.
- By engaging your core and lifting your hips off the ground, you form a straight line from your head to your feet.
- For 15 to 30 seconds, hold on. Your top hand might be on your hip (which is easier) or extended upward (harder).
5. Mountain climbers
- Assume the plank position.
- Hands spread apart, back straight, and engaged core.
- As far as you can, bring your right knee to your chest.
- Repeat the motion while switching legs.
- Repeat the motion while maintaining a strong core and keeping the hips down.
6. Plank jack
- Start in a plank posture with your feet together, your shoulders over your wrists, and your body in a straight line.
- Jump your feet wide while keeping your buttocks down, like a jumping jack. Your feet should jump back together.
7. Leg raise
- Start by laying on your back, with your hands by your sides.
- Straighten your legs and start lifting them up to the ceiling.
- Even if you are unable to raise your legs fully just now, make an effort to lift them straight.
- Continue lifting until you can no longer lift your legs up and they are towards the ceiling.
- After that, lower them to the ground once more and continue the process 15 to 20 times.
8. Jumping jacks
- Keep your feet together and your back straight.
- Open your hands in a lateral position and draw a straight line with your shoulders.
- As you extend your legs, clap your hands together in front of you.
- Close your legs as you leap again.
- With your shoulder, bring your hands back to a straight position. then repeat.
- Lean back and lie down. Your feet should be placed on the ground hip-width apart.
- Kneel down and cross your arms over your chest. Inhale while tightening your abs.
- Exhale and raise your upper body while maintaining a relaxed neck and head.
- After taking a breath, reset your position.
10. V tucks
- Start by sitting in a v-sit with your knees raised and your back long.
- Maintain a firm core while you lean back and spread your legs.
- Retract your knees, tighten your abs, and repeat.
So ladies, practice these exercise at home regularly to see results!