Regular oiling can nourish and strengthen your strands. So, try the best carrier oils for hair to get beautiful locks.
Hair oils are a beauty staple. This beauty potion has been used for generations to maintain nourished and healthy strands. Some of the best carrier oils for hair have the potential to improve the effectiveness of essential oils such as peppermint, tea tree and lavender oils. Carrier oils or base oils are non-volatile oils, which are extracted from seeds, nuts or fruits. They are mainly used as a medium to dilute and increase the effectiveness of essential oils. They ensure safe application and promote hair health. These oils are rich in essential vitamins, fatty acids and other nutrients, that contribute to the overall well-being of your hair. So, read on to find the best carrier oils for hair growth that you must try!
6 best carrier oils for hair
Pick the best carrier oils in India to improve your hair health.
1. Naturalis Essence Of Nature Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil
Add this carrier oil from Naturalis to your hair care routine for improving the well-being of your hair. It is infused with the goodness of high quality grape seed and contains antioxidant properties. This oil promises to fight dandruff and promote hair growth. Additionally, it claims to be free from cruelty, chemicals, paraben, and gluten, which makes it safe to use on your scalp.
How to apply: Take a sufficient amount of oil and apply it on your damp hair to lock the moisture.
2. Skivia Moringa Carrier Oil
The Skivia Moringa Carrier Oil is extracted from the seeds of the moringa tree by the cold-pressed method. It is suitable for all hair types and claims to be safe because it contains no chemicals, parabens, toxins, silicones or sulphates. It is rich in all the essential nutrients, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-ageing properties. This carrier oil promises to help with hair scaling and gives you glossy locks.
How to use: Mix the carrier oil with an essential oil and apply it to your scalp. Leave it on for 1 to 2 hours and then wash it off.
3. Naturoman Cold Pressed Pumpkin Seeds Oil
The Naturoman Cold Pressed Pumpkin Seeds Oil is a must have carrier oil to enhance the effectiveness of your essential oil. It is formulated through the cold pressed method, which ensures that the oil contains all the nutrients in its true form. This oil promises to tackle the problem of hair loss and leaves you with healthier locks. Apart from its hair benefits, this carrier oil is safe to use as it claims to be paraben free.
How to use: Take an ample amount of oil and apply on your hair. Massage gently and leave it for a few hours.
4. Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
If you are looking for carrier oils for low porosity hair, this one from Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil might be the perfect choice for you. It is packed with the goodness of jojoba or goat nut, which helps improve the scalp health. This lightweight and fast-absorbing oil contains no harmful chemicals, alcohol fragrance and additives. It contains essential vitamins and minerals, which promotes healthy hair.
How to use: Apply a few drops of this oil in your dry hair and leave for a few hours.
5. Khadi Omorose Sesame Carrier Oil
The Khadi Omorose Sesame Carrier Oil is extracted from pure sesame seeds through the cold pressed method. It is infused with the goodness of vitamin E and B complex, which helps strengthen your hair from the roots. It promises you nourish your hair from within, fights dandruff, revitalises damaged hair and ensures shiny locks. Additionally, this carrier oil is safe to use because it does not contain any chemicals, preservatives, fragrance or flavour.
How to use: Take an adequate amount of the oil and apply on your scalp and hairs.
6. Viva Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil
If you are looking for carrier oils for high porosity hair, try this one from Viva Naturals. This naturally extracted coconut oil is ideal for mixing with essential oil to improve its effectiveness. This oil is lightweight, fast-absorbing and odourless. Regular use of this carrier oil can restore dry hair and leave it hydrated.
How to use: Add 3 to 6 drops of essential oil in this carrier oil and apply it as a hair serum.
What are the benefits of carrier oils for hair?
1. Locks moisture: Applying the best carrier oils for hair can lock moisture and creates a protective barrier on the hair shaft. It leaves your hair hydrated, helps fight dryness, frizz and split ends.
2. Provides essential nutrients: Carrier oils are extracted from plant seeds, fruits and nuts, which are rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids. It helps strengthen your hair, and improves the scalp environment.
3. Boosts hair growth: These oils stimulate blood flow to the scalp and help nourish hair follicles. It can promote hair growth and contribute to thicker and longer strands.
4. Improves scalp health: Carrier oils can help maintain a clean and balanced scalp because they possess natural antimicrobial properties.
5. Fights dandruff: These oils contain antibacterial and antifungal properties, which helps fight dandruff.
6. Reduce hair breakage: The presence of lubricative properties helps reduce friction and breakage during combing.
7. Improves hair texture: It imparts natural shine to your hair and makes it voluminous.
How to choose the best carrier oils for hair?
Picking the right carrier oil is essential for getting its maximum benefits. Consider the following points before making the final purchasing decision:
- Identify your hair type, understand its texture and then choose the right carrier oil.
- Consider your needs and absorption rate of the carrier. Whether you want moisturised locks or a non-greasy feel, choose the one that aligns with your requirements.
- Perform a patch test before buying the product to check for any adverse reactions or allergies.
- Choose the carrier oil that has a longer lifespan.
- Consider the extraction method before buying the product. Cold pressed method ensures that the oil retains all the nutrients. Also choose the one that is free from harmful chemicals and additives.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)