Are you tired of thin hair and slow hair growth? Have you tried those expensive market products to volumize hair and stimulate its growth and haven’t found any positive results?
Well it’s time to stop using chemicals on your hair. You might not see immediate change but it helps your hair in a long run. Lets see the different options to increase hair volume
- Onion Juice
- Potato juice
- Coconut oil and gooseberry
- Green tea
- Aloe Vera
- Green tea and Aloe Vera
- Banana, honey and egg hair mask
- Coconut oil and curry leaves
- Coconut oil and garlic
- Cumin seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Flax seeds
- Avocado hair mask
Onion helps in preventing hair loss, increases hair density and improves hair texture. Honey and yogurt improvises the hair texture and increases hair density.
Ingredients for smooth and shiny hair
- Yogurt with onion juice.
- Grate onions and extract its juice.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of yogurt with onion juice.
- Apply this mask on the scalp. After 30 minutes rinse using regular shampoo
Potato contains vitamin A, B and C which are essential for healthy hair.
- Extract potato juice and apply on the scalp.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with mild shampoo.
- Repeat it twice a week.
Gooseberry prevents hair loss, helps against dry and dull hair, enriches the hair color and increases the hair density.
- Mix 1 cup of gooseberry with 1 cup of warm water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply this paste on the scalp.
- After sometime rinse with warm water.
- Repeat thrice a week.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon gooseberry powder
- You can add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil to 1 tablespoon of gooseberry powder.
- Heat and strain the mixture.
- Apply it on the roots and lengths of hair.
- Massage well.
- Rinse it the next day with lukewarm water.
- Repeat for a few weeks.
Green tea has antioxidant and antibacterial properties that’s helps prevent hair loss and improves the hair growth.
- Heat 1 cup of green tea and let it cool down.
- Rinse your dry and dusty hair with lukewarm green tea water.
- Repeat every week.
Aloe vera increases hair volume, prevents hair loss and improves hair texture. It provides essential nutrients and moisturizes the scalp.
- Apply aloe vera to the scalp.
- After 1-hour rinse with shampoo to get shiny and beautiful hair.
You can add green tea to aloe vera to make a hair pack.
- Aloe vera leaves
- 2-3 green tea leaves
- Extract aloe vera pulp from 2-3 aloe vera leaves and heat ½ cup water.
- Soak 2-3 green tea leaves in the water for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain the mixtures and collect the concoction.
- Mash aloe vera pulp in the concoction to form a paste.
- Apply this on the scalp and hair.
- After 1-hour, rinse with water.
- For best results, repeat it frequently.
- Beat egg white and yellow.
- Apply it to wet hair as a pack.
- Rinse after 10 minutes with warm water and mild shampoo.
- For best results, repeat twice a week.
Gelatin is source of protein, it increases the hair length and makes it look denser.
- 1 tablespoons gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Take 1 tablespoons of gelatin powder.
- Mix in half cup of cool water.
- mix half cup of warm water.
- add a tsp of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it as hair mask, you will get thick and dense hair.
- Consuming gelatin also good for hair growth.
Banana helps in provides extra nourishment to the hair, honey moisturizes it and egg increases the hair growth.
- This hair masks helps to get smooth and shiny hair.
- Blend all 3 ingredients in food processor to get a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- After 45-50 minutes, rinse with mild shampoo.
The combination of these ingredients is effective for hair growth and increasing hair volume.
- 30-40 curry leaves
- 2 cups virgin coconut oil
- Dry 30-40 curry leaves.
- Heat 2 cups of virgin coconut oil.
- Add the leaves to the oil when it is warm.
- Let it boil for 15-20 minutes.
- After it cools down, strain the leaves and store the oil in airtight container.
- Every night massage your hair with this mixture and was it in the morning with mild cleanser.
- Improvements will be seen in 2-3 months.
Garlic is used to give flavor to the food. It also can be used for your hair to increase its volume and boosts the growth.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Heat 1 cup of coconut oil
- Add 2 cloves of garlic in it.
- When the garlic starts giving aroma take it off the flame
- Apply it to the scalp.
- Rinse it after 2 hours.
- You can replace coconut oil with olive oil(virgin).
Cumin seeds have been an old hair hack. It has antioxidant properties to improve the hair texture. The silicon content helps in increasing the hair volume and its length.
- Soak cumin seeds overnight.
- In the morning, apply it on your hair.
- Rinse it after 15-20 minutes with warm water.
Fenugreek seeds are perfect for increasing the hair volume. It makes the hair look shiny and gives a smooth texture.
- Soak fenugreek seed overnight.
- In the morning, grind it to form a paste.
- Apply it on the hair. After 1-hour, rinse with water.
- Use this mask, once a week.
Flax seeds are an excellent kitchen ingredient used for improving the hair volume.
- Soak 1/3rd cup of flax seeds overnight.
- In the morning boil the seeds in water.
- Once it gets foaming jelly consistency remove it from the flame.
- After it cools down apply tis gel over your hair.
Avocado helps to improve the thickness of hair. It is rich in Vitamin E which makes the hair healthy.
- 1 teaspoon coconut/olive oil
- Mash a ripe avocado.
- Mix 1 teaspoon oil (olive or coconut)
- And small quantity of mashed banana to it.
- Apply it on the hair.
- Let the hair absorb the nutrients.
- Rinse after 30 minutes.
Homemade henna works as a natural volumizer and boosts hair growth.
- Henna powder
- Tea decoction
- Mix henna powder, tea decoction, egg white, lemon and curd.
- Soak this overnight.
- Apply this hair pack in the morning.
- After 1-hour, rinse with water.
Hibiscus is the only flower used in hair care and hair masks. It prevents premature hair aging and improves its thickness.
- Hibiscus flower
- Coconut/sesame oil
- Mix coconut oil or sesame oil in the paste of hibiscus flower.
- Apply it on the hair.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with mild shampoo.
Reetha is a good hair cleanser and strengthens the hair from its roots. It is used as a natural soap to clean the hair.
Shikakai is a natural remedy to increase hair volume. It is a shampoo with no chemicals. It is being used for years to get thick and beautiful hair.
Olives are good for skin and hair. They help to strengthen the hair from its roots, improves its texture and increases volume of the air. Heat some olive oil and massage the roots of the hair. Rinse after 3 minutes with mild shampoo.
Castor oil is a sticky oil but helps in increasing the hair volume. It has the highest viscosity which coats the hair and prevents hair fall. It contains fatty acids and Vitamin E which promotes hair growth. You can use castor oil alone or mix it with coconut oil and heat it to decrease its thickness. Apply this over your hair from roots and massage in circular motion for few minutes.
Sage oil helps in thickening the hair and revitalizing it. Mix 2 teaspoon of lavender oil with 1 teaspoon of sage oil. Apply it over the scalp. For best results, apply it twice a week.
Essential Oil is an effective remedy for dry hair and helps to boost hair volume. It is never used directly on the scalp. Mix it with other oil like coconut oil, mineral oil, etc. Test it on a small area to ensure it suits your skin. Wait for 24 hours before using it over your scalp.
Good health is very important for healthy hair. Malnourishment and over eating disorder can disrupt the generation of new hair. Intake of a proper dose of multivitamins helps to get lustrous, volumized and healthy hair.
It is essential to include Vitamin C in your daily diet to increase the hair density. Vitamin sources like lemon should be included in your hair care routine. Daily consumption of Vitamin C containing fruits like orange, kiwi and lemon helps in strengthening hair roots.
Vitamin E capsules
Vitamin E is good for the skin and hair. Vitamin E capsules are available in medical stores. Take 2 spoons of any hair oil. Add the inside portion of vitamin capsule to it. Apply this over the hair and scalp. Rinse after 20 minutes. Check out more Vitamin E hair packs for hair growth.
Vitamin B is essential for generating new cells. Folic acid helps in growing new hair and increasing volume. It helps hair growth in bald areas. But it is not a guaranteed remedy for dry and thin hair.
Finasteride is a prescribed medication for hair loss. You can take this pill daily to improve the thickness of your hair. It shows side effects in women so it’s not advisable for women to take it.
Biotin is a nutrient which is obtained from lentils, liver and nuts. Balanced diet helps in balancing biotin in the body. Biotin for hair growth is very much essential.
There are biotin supplements available in the market for damaged hair. Avoid taking biotin and vitamin B-5 supplements together as it can decrease each other’s deficiency.
Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids
Omega-6 and Omega-3 are essential fatty acids that the body cannot generate by itself. Omega-3 helps to fight against inflammation and Omega-6 is beneficial for scalp and skin. Omega-6 is found in fishes and Omega-3 from plant-based oil.
It is a healthy green leafy vegetable which promotes hair growth and makes the hair healthy.
Fatty fish like tuna and salmon contains omega-3 which is beneficial for hair.
Sweet potatoes have beta-carotene which gets converted into Vitamin A in the body which makes the hair healthy.
Nuts contains nutrients to get healthy hair. Consuming it regularly helps to boost hair growth and fights against dry and damaged hair.
Seeds contains selenium, zinc and Vitamin E which helps in hair growth.
Oysters contains zinc which helps in hair growth and prevents hair loss.
Beans are rich in proteins which play a vital role in revitalizing the hair. Soya beans are the best for boosting the quality of hair.
Shrimps contains nutrients to boost hair growth.
Techniques to increase hair volume
Supplement you diet with various other vitamins along with Biotin
You should include a nutrient rich and health-conscious diet which includes biotin. Supplements like Viviscal and Nutrafol are recommended by many hair specialists.
Viviscal helps to promote hair growth and provides nutrients like B complex and zinc which are essential for your hair. Nutrafol is rich in vitamin B which promotes hair growth and ashwagandha which helps in reducing inflammation.
Use the right comb
If you are using the wrong brush, you will increase your hair fall. You should use a wooden wide tooth comb which helps to untangle your hair easily followed by your regular brush. This will help to reduce the hair fall.
It is also advisable not to comb your wet hair. Your hair is weak when it is wet and will break easily. Make sure you clean your comb regularly as it is a major precaution you can take for your hair fall.
Towel dry your hair correctly
You might think the quickest way to fry your hair is by rubbing the towel but that is one of the worst things you are doing. This breaks your hair and tangles it. Instead of doing this, you should first remove excess moisture from your hair with your towel and let it dry naturally.
Keep your scalp healthy
If you have issues like dandruff, dry or oily scalp then you should start taking steps immediately to get rid of these scalp problems. Having a healthy scalp is very important for boosting hair growth and avoiding hair fall.
- Massaging your scalp regularly is very important as it increases blood circulation, strengthens hair roots and prevents hair loss.
- Massage your scalp with warm oil in circular motion. You can use jojoba oil, coconut oil, cedarwood essential oil or chamomile oil.
- Mix 2 drops of cedarwood oil with 2 drops of chamomile oil. Add 25 drops of almond oil to it. Apply this on your scalp. You can increase the quantity depending on your hair volume and length.
- To remove dandruff, use rosemary oil: After massage, wrap your hair in a warm towel which helps in hair conditioning. Wash your hair 4 times a week to prevent hair fall.
Avoiding chemicals helps in reducing hair loss. Avoid straightening, coloring and perming as it damages the hair and makes it dry. Using chemical products, weakens the hair roots and makes it fragile.
It is very important to choose the right shampoo for your hair. If your roots produce excessive oil, shampoo them daily. If you have dry hair, excessive use of shampoo can damage your hair.
FDA has approved laser therapy products to be used at home for hair regrowth. This helps in boosting the thickness of the hair which gives natural volume. Best results are seen when used regularly.
Techniques to prevent hair loss
A good hair conditioner revitalizes your hair, moisturizes it and makes it smooth and shiny. Apply conditioner after using shampoo. It helps in untangling your hair. It should be applied 2-3 inches away from the scalp.
Stress is a major reason for hair fall. It leads to hair graying, decreased thickness and hair loss. You should exercise regularly, take the right diet, do yoga and other stress release programs to control your hair fall.
Triggers for hair loss
It is very normal to lose 50-100 hair daily because new strands of hair are grown at the same time which balances the hair volume.
Causes of damaged, dry and thin hair are:
- Excess of Vitamin A consumption
- Lack of Protein
- Male pattern baldness
- Deficiency of Vitamin B
- Autoimmune related hair loss
- Suddenly losing excess amount of weight loss
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Consumption of blood thinners and antidepressants
- Consumption of Anabolic steroids
- Scalp infections
- Disruption in the cycle of hair growth and shedding
- Scar tissues replaces the hair follicles
- Hormonal changes
- Radiation therapy
- Medications and supplements
- Certain hairstyles and hair treatments