A ‘tel maalish’ session is a must when it comes to baby care! It is not just relaxing, but also essential for their skin care and well-being. It has been a tradition that has persisted throughout the ages. Let’s discuss the benefits of oil massage for babies.
What can oil massage do for babies?
Oil massage hydrates and stimulates growth while protecting your baby’s tender, smooth skin. It relaxes your baby’s muscles, allowing them to sleep soundly. Additionally, some of the massage oils are high in nutrients, which also act as nourishing skincare for your baby.
So, choosing the right oil can make all the difference when massaging a newborn. Not all oils are made equal, and not all oils are beneficial for a baby’s skin. Even the massage oil’s ingredients are equally significant.
Here is the list of all the best oils for babies and their benefits:
These naturally occurring oils help strengthen your baby’s skin, act as a natural moisturizer, and promote growth.
1. Coconut oil: Coconut oil has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that protect and fortify skin and help fight dryness.
2. Sunflower oil: Sunflower oil is beneficial for the skin and helps with the baby’s healthy skeletal growth. The antioxidants in sunflower oil strengthen the immune system.
3. Castor oil: Castor oil is a great remedy for dry skin in babies.
4. Sesame seed oil: Sesame seed is good for building bone and muscle strength.
5. Olive oil: Olive oil, the liquid gold, protects and hydrates your baby’s skin.
6. Sweet almond oil: Sweet almond oil helps prevent rashes, eczema, soreness, and dryness and also promotes blood circulation.
7. Ashwagandha oil: Ashwagandha oil helps promote muscle strength and energize the child. It nourishes the body, helps with muscle imbalances and promotes calmness at the same time.
8. Turmeric oil: Turmeric oil has strong anti-oxidant and anti-microbial properties that protect your baby’s skin and act as a skin rejuvenator.
9. Camphor oil: Camphor oil helps in pain relief and relieves respiratory congestion.
10. Brahmi oil: The goodness of Brahmi oil encourages brain and cognitive development. It accelerates eye development and stimulates roots for hair growth. It also develops the neurological system of the baby, soothes the baby’s skin, and promotes good sleep.
11. Basil oil: The soothing effects of basil oil help in healing eczema while boosting skin cells’ metabolism and elasticity.
12. Cinnamon oil: Cinnamon oil, with its lush fragrance, maintains a healthy immune system and promotes circulation both internally and when applied to the skin. It also helps alleviate sore muscles and joints.
However, choosing an amalgamation of all these oils is way more beneficial for your baby. It is the most effective and functional way to keep your baby’s skin moisturized, nourished, and promote overall growth. Also, ensure the oil is fragrance-free and gentle on the baby’s skin.
Here are some benefits of an oil massage:
- Massage promotes the bond between you and your child.
- A delicate massage can calm your baby’s skin, facilitate the belly and provide legitimate sustenance.
- It also aids in stronger bones.
- A good oil massage enhances your baby’s sleep, tones the body, supports the insusceptible framework, and blood circulation and aids in the advancement of the central nervous system.
- It helps fortify the muscles of the child.
- Oil massage provides nourishment to your baby’s skin, keeps it moisturized, and reduces dryness.
- It also protects your baby’s skin from infections and other skin conditions.
Choose a nourishing baby massage oil that is free from harmful and harsh chemicals, parabens, sulphates, silicones, mineral oils, and allergens. Prefer products that are clinically proven and dermatologist-approved. You can start massaging your baby after the first week of birth while keeping in mind your baby’s mood before massaging. A baby massage is a great way to bond with your baby. It can even help them grow and develop better. Baby massages can help comfort and relax both of you!