Radiant skin is a common desire, but because of our busy schedules, daily stress, and exposure to pollution, skin can become dull and lifeless. With Christmas around the corner, everyone tries to look their best and ultimately succumbs to the glut of skin-improving cosmetics. Although they may offer some relief, they include hundreds of chemicals and aren’t suitable for all skin types.
So, let us delve deeper into some homemade do-it-yourself face packs for glowing skin that are without any side effects. All the face packs are super easy to prepare and what’s more, you don’t need to go far to hunt for the ingredients, all are available in your kitchen.
Here are 5 DIY face packs to make your skin glow:
1. Honey-banana-raw milk face pack
Bananas, which are high in potassium, vitamins C and E, and honey, all help brighten skin. Milk helps to gently remove dead skin cells. All skin types can use the banana face pack.
- Mix 1 banana, raw milk, and honey to form a smooth paste.
- To this paste, add a few drops of rose water and apply it on the face and neck.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse with normal water.
Also read: Want baby soft, glowing skin? Try these 5 DIY rose face packs
2. Buttermilk face pack
Buttermilk has amazing exfoliating properties, and regular use of this face mask leaves your skin super smooth.
- Take 1/2 cup of buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Mix it with yogurt and apply it to your face.
- Allow it to work on your skin for one hour.
- Rinse your face with water and see instant results.
3. Gram flour and turmeric face pack
Besan, or gram flour, is rich in protein, fiber, and carbs and plays a role in combating various skin issues, including dark spots, acne, and anti-ageing. Moreover, turmeric acts as an excellent source of skin brightening.
- Make a paste with 2 tablespoons of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric, and yogurt in a bowl.
- Apply the paste evenly on your skin and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the paste dries up, wash your face.
- You can add a few drops of lemon juice for oily skin.
4. Milk powder face pack
A milk powder face pack containing yogurt and lemon juice is excellent to get rid of dark spots and blemishes. The combo works wonders to restore the skin’s natural glow, removes pigmentation and of course, helps to clear the dark spots.
- Take one teaspoon of milk powder and add two teaspoons of yogurt to form a smooth paste.
- To this, add half a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this paste to your face and neck and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with normal water.
A word of caution for any mask with lemon juice, just make sure to patch test a small area beforehand as it can be a little irritating for some skin types.
Also read: Ditch alcohol and enjoy these 5 fruit-based mocktails on Christmas
5. Papaya face pack
Papaya is a wonder fruit that helps you say goodbye to blemishes and get an even skin tone. It also has enzymes that help in skin exfoliation giving you that supple soft skin you always wanted. Coupled with the goodness of honey, it is an ideal face mask to try out this Christmas for skin that radiates the festive spirit.
- Take half medium-sized papaya in a big bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix it properly to form a paste.
- Apply this mixture to your face.
- Wash your face with water after 15 minutes.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and feel the Christmas spirit with these natural face packs for glowing skin.