After a long, hard day, a good night of sleep is something we all look forward to. Good night prayers of a comfortable bed, a quiet room, and plenty of time to rest help make our dreams come true. But when we take a few minutes to reflect on our blessings and the power of prayer, sleep becomes medicine for the soul. Whether you pray these good night words over yourself or send them to a loved one, the presence of God as he listens and responds will provide peace and comfort as you drift off to sleep.
Good Night Prayers For Loved Ones
- Precious one, may the Lord keep you safely through the night,
May your burdens and cares be few and light.
- May the Father above, cradle you in love.
May he bless your sleep, and your good health keep.
- As you settle down for a night of rest,
May the Lord keep you happy, carefree, and blessed.
- My dear one, I pray that as you sleep tonight, our heavenly Father would keep you safe in his love and give you strength for another day.
- Beloved one, I send prayers for a good night’s rest, for pleasant dreams, and for a morning that breaks soft and gentle.
- Jesus, we are like sheep gone astray,
Please guide us back and help us stay
In your hands gentle and strong.
As we sleep tonight, forgive our wrongs.
- May the God of peace send you restoring sleep and keep you gently throughout the night.
- I pray that God will wash away all fear and anxiety so that sleep may enter in and that you will rest well in his faithful promises tonight.
- May the beauty and depth of the Lord’s love wrap gently around your soul tonight, removing all fear, and giving you a precious peace in which to sleep.
- Dear one, I pray for the Lord to soften your heart toward him as you drift off to sleep, filling you with hope for a new day.
- Prayers for refreshing sleep in the hands of the One who can heal all wounds, keep all promises, and turn our failures into something amazing and beautiful.
- Dear God, please watch over your treasured one as he/she sleeps tonight. Fill his/her life with goodness and love.
- God of creation, I thank you for the night, thank you for the stars alight.
Your blessings are many, and your mercy is great.
Give us good rest as upon you we wait.
- May the God of pure love fill your mind with thoughts of his precious mercy and peace as you drift away into restful sleep, my dear one.
- I pray that you sleep well knowing that our Lord and Savior has everything worked out for a wonderful new day.
- Good night, dear one. Prayers for God to show you the way to a better tomorrow.
- May God’s love be a soft pillow upon which to rest your head, may it be a warm blanket covering your bed. May his peace surround you like a fragrant gentle rain, may God himself look down and take away your pain.
- My treasured one, always remember that our God is a God of mercy and strength, grace and peace, love and faithfulness. He will never give up on you; neither will I. Prayers that tomorrow you will wake rested and fully aware of the plans and promises God has for you.
- My love, I pray that all your problems will dissolve like snow as you sleep well tonight.
- Prayers for God to pick up the burdens that are too heavy for you and hold them in his hands as you rest well tonight, beloved one.
- May the beautiful God of mercy send you quiet rest tonight, most dear one.
- Prayers for you to fall asleep remembering all the good parts of the day and resting in God’s healing of the things that cause you grief.
- As you turn in for the night, I pray for God to send you sweet dreams of happiness and contentment as you prepare for the coming day.
- I pray that as you drift away into satisfying sleep tonight that God will remind you of how much you mean to him and to me.
- Prayers for sleep that is tranquil and pleasing, soothing and redeeming.
- I pray that your sleep will be undisturbed and filled with dreams that delight you, precious one.
- Before going to bed, may the thoughts in your head be of how much the Lord loves you. Prayers for sweet dreams tonight, my love.
- Prayers for a lovely night of sweet slumber, my angel.
- As you drowse in bed with your prayers said, may God prepare the path ahead.
- Good night, dear, and may God uphold you as you fall into tender rest.
[Read also: Romantic Good Night Messages for the One You Love]
- I pray that as you lie down for rest, you will lay all your burdens at the feet of Jesus.
- Prayers for God to make your paths straight and give your weary heart rest, my beloved one.
- I pray that as you rest in the sovereignty of God tonight, he will open doors for you and lead you to everything good, sweet one.
- Precious Lord, please watch over your dear one tonight. Please lighten his/her load and remove all cares. Help him/her to enter into tranquil rest and be ready for whatever tomorrow brings.
- May the Lord bear your sorrows tonight so that you can sleep well, my sweet one.
- Until tomorrow, may God hold you close blessing you with answered prayers.
- As you go to sleep, know that I am praying for you to receive healing and strength and for God to magnify beauty in your life.
- Dear God, give us strength and rest for the night that we may glorify your name each day.
- Prayers for God’s uplifting hand to move you onto the path he has set for you. May you sleep sweetly as you feel him taking control of your life, dearest one.
- Everlasting Father, please bless your child as he/she rests from the weariness of life tonight.
- I pray for the Lord’s favor to rest on you tonight as you rest in him.
- Prayers for the grace of God to surround you in tranquility and restore your strength as you sleep tonight, my treasured one.
- May God bestow bountiful gifts on you as you lie down to rest tonight, my love.
- Prayers for sweet, happy dreams tonight, dear one!
- I pray that all your problems fade, that wonderful plans are made, and that happiness is not delayed as you fall asleep tonight, my precious love.
- Prayers for all the stars to shine down on you, bathing you in a heavenly glow of peace, as you drift away into quiet sleep tonight, my dear.
- As you fall asleep tonight, I pray that you can feel family and friends sending you love.
- Prayers for God’s provision and care to bless your heart and silence the worries of the day so that your sleep is satisfying and long.
- As another day ends, may the Lord remind you of all the gifts he gave you today. Sleep well, love.
- Prayers for a clear mind, a soft bed, and warm blankets as you turn in for the night.